Posts Tagged ‘home sales lapeer mi’

If you tried to sell your Lapeer County Lake house last year with no success, AND you were a fairly high priced listing, do not despair. It was not your house- it was the market.

In 2014 there were only 4 lakefront sales over $600,000 and all 4 were on acreage. 2 of those were on major acreage with private lakes- 40 acre and 90 acre parcels. And by private lake I mean their own private lake. The other 2 were a house and 9 acres on Lake Metamora and a house on 5 acres on Lake Lapeer.

Only 2 houses sold in the $400,000’s- both on Lake Lapeer.

This is better than 2013 when the price of lake houses in Lapeer County topped out at $477,500.

So far in 2015 there has been 1 sold on Lake Lapeer for just under $400,000 and 2 pending at just under $400,000 and in the mid $500,000’s.

The rise in prices is due to an improving economy, low interest rates and the lack of distressed properties (foreclosures and short sales). The distressed sales dropped to 11% of the total lake sales in 2014 from 19% in 2013. In 2010 distressed sales made up 49% of total lakefront sales in Lapeer County.

For more detailed information about specific lakes, please go to www.Lapeer-Homes-For-Sale.com and click on the appropriate link. Or LapeerLakes.MiRelocation.com – no w’s.

Lake Nepessing

Lake Lapeer

Lake Metamora


My YouTube Channel: www.JackieHawleyRealtor.com

Read Full Post »

Lapeer County sales are up in 2012 over the same time period of 2011 (through August) in all 4 categories– unit sales, average sales price, median sales price and sales volume.

Distressed sales are down 9%  2012 distressed sales made up 56% of total sales opposed to 65% of total sales

Average sales price is up 8.5%  2012- $111,368   2011- $101,866

Median sales price is up 7.6%  2012- $86,600   2011- $80,000

Unit sales are up 14.6%  2012– 678 units   2011– 579 units

Low inventory  484 active listings on 9/13/2012


Compliments of Jackie Hawley of the JHawley and Associates Real Estate Team at ReMax Encore in Clarkston MI

Email: Jackie@JackieHawley.com   

Cell: (248)736-6407    Direct: 1-800-401-1444

www.MiRelocation.com                   Lapeer MI                

Lapeer Lakefront Homes


Read Full Post »